IPMA News & Announcements
For over 37 years the organization has been and continues to be the leading source for education and networking for managers of paralegals, litigation support and docketing personnel.
While there are many different law-related associations to choose from, the IPMA is unique in that we focus on the needs of managers of non-attorney fee earners. Our programming, website, chapters
, and affinity groups
all work towards meeting this need. We consistently add new content and educational opportunities to address the widening number of responsibilities given to our members.
If you are interested in what the IPMA has to offer, you are welcome to attend three events such as chapter meetings or affinity group calls before joining. Please contact headquarters for more information on options that best fit your needs. Other offerings, such as our Managerial Skills Seminar, Master Class, webinars, and Annual Conference, are open to anyone interested in practice support management. If you would like to speak to a current member of the association, please feel free to reach out to our headquarters staff who will connect you with someone who can tell you how the IPMA has impacted their management experience.
I hope that you will consider the IPMA as a partner in your professional development. We have members across North America who can become your
professional network, and a few may end up as life-long friends.
Our Association has always thrived due to the many voices who participate and share their experiences with fellow members. The Board of Directors is asking each member to do Just One Thing to help the Association fulfill its mission. There are all sorts of tasks – some more involved than others – that can help the IPMA. Things that can help the Association include:
- Identify a potential new member– Click here for recruiting tips and tools, including lists of prospective members, and to learn how you can be rewarded for finding a new member.
- Write an article for Inspired Leadership on an emerging trend
- Report on Association activities for News and Notes
- Host a chapter meeting
- Moderate an Affinity Group call
- Participate in an IPMA Committee meeting
- Identify a member who may be eligible for an IPMA Award
- Assist in the review of Salary Survey content
- Identify a speaker or topic for the annual conference or a webinar
- Review and update an existing IPMA position paper or article
- Help develop marketing materials to promote IPMA membership
- Assist in the development of a Master Class
Become a voice in your Association!