Litigation/Labor & Employment Paralegal
Vedder Price is seeking a Litigation/Labor & Employment Paralegal. The Litigation/Labor & Employment Paralegal will assist attorneys with various substantive and administrative responsibilities from case inception to resolution. Coordinate and oversee all case-related eDiscovery with the assistance of the eDiscovery team.
As a Litigation/Labor & Employment Paralegal, your duties will include but not be limited to:
- Participate in initial client and witness interviews, investigations, fact analysis and conference calls as needed.
- Coordinate/run background searches, public records research, arbitrator searches and bio summaries.
- Analyze documentary evidence, including preparation of chronologies, timelines, etc.
- Coordinate with outside vendors and agencies such as court reporters, law clerks, eDiscovery vendors, etc.
- Cite and fact checking, including pulling cases and documentation, shepardizing, and citation verification.
- eDiscovery: Participate in formulation of discovery plans with attorneys and liaison with eDiscovery team on database development and implementation; coordinate with client and vendor on the transfer of ESI for processing and review; participate/manage electronic document reviews (on and off-site); run document searches; manage tags and folders, and assist with document productions and tracking; track client custodial data from collection through presentation of evidence.
- Assist with compiling data and running data analytics.
- Redact and sanitize documents.
- Research governing rules and procedures for attorney review.
- Drafting: pleadings, discovery requests and responses, authorizations and release of records, requests for medical records, subpoenas, nonparty discovery requests such as subpoenas duces tecum without deposition, public records requests, privilege document logs, production logs, appendices/indices, witness files, deposition and hearing abstracts.
- Prepare deposition testimony categorization using Case Notebook or another deposition review tool.
- Knowledge of filing/e-filing filing procedures and coordinate with the Docketing Department regarding filing.
- Supply factual support for statement of facts (reviewing declarations, depositions and documents) and draft initial statements.
- Trial Support: coordinate non-attorney resources in preparation for trial, assist with pre-trial filings and related projects, attend trial and provide support to trial team.
- 1500 billable hours target
Litigation/Labor & Employment Paralegal
||Los Angeles, CA
|Posting Start Date:
Skills & Competencies:
- Ability to work under pressure and multi-task to meet competing demands
- Strong research and writing skills
- High level of attention-to-detail
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Willingness and flexibility to work overtime and travel as needed
Qualifications & Required Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or ABA-approved paralegal certificate preferred
- Minimum of 3 years’ law firm experience in the Litigation or Labor Practice Area required
- Position requires the ability to work under pressure to meet strict deadlines
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be proficient in the following software: Adobe; Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel; Relativity; proficiency using the Internet for fact research; experience with deposition management software and document management software
Equal Employment Opportunity
Vedder Price P.C. is an equal opportunity employer. We value and encourage diversity and solicit applications from all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, gender, sex, age, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability (where applicant is qualified to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodations), medical condition, protected veteran status, gender identity, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. We participate in E-verify.
Applicants who are interested in applying for a position and require special assistance or an accommodation during the process due to a disability should contact the Vedder Price Recruiting Team at email@example.com.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
||This listing expires on: 10/19/2021