Paralegal (Corporate) - New York
Dentons US LLP is currently recruiting for a full-time Corporate Paralegal to be based in our New York office. This position will support the New York Corporate Practitioners and the national Corporate Practice Group. This position will report to the Manager, Paralegal Services and the Paralegal Services Administrator.
- Prepare drafts of bond resolutions and ordinances and coordinate financing schedules with clients.
- Draft initial forms of indentures of trust, loan agreements, bond purchase agreements, bonds, IRS Forms, official statements, UCC financing statements, and related closing certificates and papers.
- Review and proof legal documents, contracts and agreements to ensure consistency and defined terms are used properly.
- Assist with closings of public finance transactions and preparation of closing binders.
- File UCC financing statements and record real estate and other documents with Courts or other governmental entities or organizations.
- Prepare execution copies of documents for clients and coordinate obtaining signatures from clients; attend client meetings away from the office to assist with execution of documents.
- Research public finance-related issues of law and research local legislation updates for local governmental entities.
- Research economic and demographic information for incorporation in official statements.
- Research and summarize general financial information and tax information related to local governmental entities and corporations.
- Review officer’s certificates, resolutions, organizational documents, and other due diligence materials.
- Conduct due diligence reviews.
- Conduct general research and handle matters relevant to clients, with an expertise in corporate formation (for profit, non-profit, limited liability), non-profit solicitations and fund-raising and political activities.
Paralegal (Corporate) - New York
||Dentons US LLP
||New York, NY
|Posting Start Date:
Experience & Qualifications
- Bachelor's or Associates Degree, or Paralegal Certificate and equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 5 years’ of corporate experience required providing exceptionally high-quality service.
- Desire to work in a legal environment.
- Effective time management.
- Must have superior communication skills and be able to work in a team environment.
- Must have the ability to meet deadlines and work well under pressure.
- Must have the ability to interact and work productively with all levels of firm staff.
- Professional demeanor, attention to detail, and great organizational skills are essential.
- Strong verbal, written, analytical, organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Strong computer technical skills and demonstrated ability to learn new software.
- Strong problem resolution abilities appropriately combining logic, analysis, and follow-through.
- Ability to provide direction and training to junior team members.
- Ability to maintain discretion and privacy with confidential matters and documents.
- Ability to recognize and comprehend facts and legal concepts.
- Ability to meet minimum billable hourly requirement.
- Ability to lift boxes up to 25 lbs., and to transport files, documents and office supplies throughout the office.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, PDF creation tool(s), document management software, Intapp or other timekeeping software, Internet required.
- Excellent client service, ability to work overtime and travel as needed.
Dentons US LLP offers a competitive salary and benefits package.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer of Individuals with Disabilities and Protected Veterans. Pursuant to local ordinances, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Click Here to Apply Now
Click Here to visit the Dentons Careers page
||This listing expires on: 7/5/2021