We are looking for a skilled bankruptcy paralegal to be a part of our Business Reorganization & Restructuring team. The paralegal will be responsible for working with all of the attorneys on matters from the beginning through completion of a restructuring, from both the creditor and company side, managing the flow of information and ensuring adherence to best practices. The successful candidate will have experience as a Bankruptcy Paralegal.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
• Creates and implements all elements of bankruptcy case management systems, including file management (electronic and hard copy), case calendaring, task lists and bankruptcy-related deadlines
• Responsible for working with attorneys on all aspects of chapter 11 company and creditor-side representations, including: drafting of bankruptcy petitions, first day pleadings, organization of diligence, pro hac vice motions, maintaining task list and case calendar and drafting of other routine filings
• Draft and review routine legal documents as requested by attorneys
• Strong knowledge of filing through CM/ECF filing system in all bankruptcy courts
• Research local rules of procedure for relevant court venues, and assures adherence thereto; obtains information on venue; obtains precedent from other cases in the venue
• Researches and integrates case precedent into motion filings
• Knowledge of bankruptcy litigation process and experience working with document review software, such as Relativity
• Conduct precedent and legal research under attorney supervision
• Develops and updates critical dates lists
• Manages hearing preparation and support, including scheduling of telephonic appearances, making of hearing binders, coordination of appearances of clients
• Responds to creditor case inquiries
• Strong knowledge of blue-booking and cite checking briefs, as well as creation of Table of Authorities using Best Authority
• Experience interacting with outside entities (e.g. courts, government agencies, clients, corporations, vendors and other law firms) to gather information or coordinate activities as needed in support of upcoming filings, depositions or hearings.
• Create and maintain effective working relationships with others to facilitate a positive work environment