Logistics done differently.
Fortune named XPO among the world’s most admired companies this year, and we were listed by Forbes as one of America’s best employers in 2017. We’re constantly looking for talented individuals at all levels who can deliver the caliber of service our company requires. As the Litigation Paralegal, you will support the broader litigation team. You will assist with managing a busy litigation docket, including commercial, class action, general liability and labor and employment cases. You will be a key part of managing various internal processes, including electronic billing and matter management, e-discovery, and legal holds. We want to leverage your skills and years of experience to drive positive results while ensuring a bright future for yourself and XPO.
Pay, benefits and more.
We are eager to attract the best, so we offer competitive compensation and a generous benefits package, including full health insurance (medical, dental and vision), 401(k), life insurance, disability and the opportunity to participate in a company incentive plan.
What you’ll do on a typical day:
- Support new matter intake and maintain/update electronic matter management system (Serengeti Legal Tracker, OneDrive), including litigation calendars, correspondence, and pleadings. Identify opportunities for improvement and implement new practices/processes as appropriate
- Manage discovery and e-discovery issues, including legal hold process and document preservation, tracking of service of process and docketing, collection, review, and production
- Coordinate fact gathering and drafting responses to discovery requests and third-party subpoenas.
- Assist with outside counsel and legal vendor set-up with AP for payment. Respond to inquiries regarding outside counsel and legal vendor invoice payment status
- Prepare regular and ad hoc litigation reports and related presentations
- Perform legal research and provide legal summaries on a project basis
- Provide miscellaneous administrative support as needed, including maintaining calendars and preparing expense reports
||XPO Logistics Inc.
|Posting Start Date:
What you need to succeed at XPO:
At a minimum, you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s degree in legal studies or a related field
- 1 year of litigation paralegal experience, including complex commercial litigation
It’d be great if you also have:
- Paralegal certificate or equivalent work experience
- 3+ years of litigation paralegal experience, including complex commercial litigation
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent Microsoft Office computer skills, including the ability to create polished MS PowerPoint presentations and complex formulas in MS Excel
- E-discovery certification
- Proficiency in Westlaw or LexisNexis
- Familiarity with Serengeti Legal Tracker
Be part of something big.
To Apply and for additional information, click here: https://jobs.xpo.com/US/job/Greenwich-Paralegal%2C-Litigation-CT-06831/678747600/?locale=en_US
||This listing expires on: 1/5/2021