Fenwick & West is a top-tier law firm with an open and inclusive culture. With more than 300 attorneys and 400 employees in the Silicon Valley, San Francisco, Santa Monica, Seattle and New York, we work with companies on the cutting edge of technology, life sciences and cleantech. For more than four decades, our Firm has helped some of the world's most recognized companies become and remain market leaders. We are proud to have been named one of the Best Places to Work in the Bay Area for the twelfth year.
We have an opening for a Practice Manager who will be responsible for evaluating paralegal staffing needs, directing workflow assignments and assisting the Senior Paralegal Manager with running the Firm’s paralegal program. The Practice Manager is a self-starter and strategic thinker with excellent written and verbal communication skills who can work across all levels of Firm management. This position can be based in our San Francisco/Mountain View (CA) or Seattle (WA) office with travel to other offices as needed.
- Analyze utilization data regarding paralegal and case assistant hours; prepares staffing plans and advises on staffing needs.
- Provide metrics reporting to help inform hiring needs and assists in the development of recruiting standards for paralegal program; in coordination with the Human Resources (HR) department, recruits and selects staff.
- Prepare utilization reporting, including the preparation of monthly productivity reports to leadership as applicable.
- Responsible for overseeing the day to day management of paralegal staffing and coordinate all staffing needs with requesting attorneys.
- Monitor productivity to achieve Firm goals and to assure effective distribution of workloads and regular reporting out to the Senior Paralegal Manager.
- Develop workload coverage plans for leaves of absences and departures, ensuring a smooth transition of clients/cases.
- Supervise and monitor use of temporary employees.
- Assist in the development and implementation of orientation, training and continuing education programs for attorneys and paralegals.
- Assist in preparation for new hire orientation and onboarding.
- In conjunction with the Senior Paralegal Manager and HR department, assist with preparation for performance review and compensation conferences.
- Coordinate and plan meetings, retreats and other group meetings. Maintain meeting notes, follow-up on specific action items and/or coordinate deliverables involving other Firm department colleagues as applicable.
- Assist with training needs assessments and the development and implementation of paralegal training programs.
- Act as the liaison between attorneys and paralegals on workload grievances in a confidential manner and report out to Senior Paralegal Manager and HR as appropriate.
- Review and approve attendance timesheets for accuracy; monitor overtime and meal break waivers; recommend changes in work distribution or staffing in order to reduce overtime costs.
- Participate in and prepare Senior Paralegal Manager for meetings with paralegals to communicate new policies and procedures.
Desired Skills and Qualifications:
- Sound judgment and extreme discretion with respect to confidential and sensitive information.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong data analytics skills to assess a range of metrics and presents data in an effective manner for leadership.
- Demonstrated ability to organize and prioritize work in a dynamic and complex environment to meet deadlines and daily requirements.
- Ability to provide quality and efficient client service to both internal and external clients.
- Supervise, motivate, train and lead.
- Interact effectively with personnel at all levels.
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint and the ability to quickly learn and utilize additional software
Reporting to the Senior Paralegal Manager, the ideal candidate will have 3+ years of paralegal and law firm or other professional services experience; and 1-2 years of supervisory or management experience. Bachelor’s degree required.
To be fully considered for this position, please apply directly online: http://www.fenwick.com/pages/Careers-Professional-Staff.aspx
||Fenwick & West LLP
||Mountain View, CA
|Posting Start Date:
||This listing expires on: 11/28/2020