We will continue to update this page as we receive information from other states and provinces on how they are adapting to COVID-19. Please send us information on how your state or province is changing during these times to email@example.com.
Here is a tool to help you get through working remotely with children in your home: Fun at-home activities for the kids.pdf.
State and Local Tax Relief Relating to Coronavirus.
Governor Cuomo signed an Executive Order
addressing this issue. Under the new modified rule (in effect through April 18, 2020), notarial acts under NYS law may be performed utilizing audio-video technology provided the following conditions are met:
- The person seeking the Notary's services, if not personally known to the Notary, must present valid photo ID to the Notary during the video conference, not merely transmit it prior to or after;
- The video conference must allow for direct interaction between the person and the Notary (e.g. no pre-recorded videos of the person signing);
- The person must affirmatively represent that he or she is physically situated in the State of New York;
- The person must transmit by fax or electronic means a legible copy of the signed document directly to the Notary on the same date it was signed;
- The Notary may notarize the transmitted copy of the document and transmit the same back to the person; and
- The Notary may repeat the notarization of the original signed document as of the date of execution provided the Notary receives such original signed document together with the electronically notarized copy within thirty days after the date of execution.
- Find your NY notary information if you do not have your stamp here. It can be handwritten in.
Business Partner Updates:
As our legal industry is facing a truly unprecedented situation, we have been inspired by the people on the front lines to do our part to help you and your firm through this difficult time. Our team of attorneys and customer support experts are here to help you with your new remote workflow processes, and as part of it, we've decided to offer any additional paid products that you may not be using from us already, for free during this COVID-19 crisis. ALN Free products include:
- Over 80,000 fully editable, constantly updated, nationwide state and Federal courts, legal and agency forms available in MS Word and fillable PDF.
- Access the most comprehensive court rules in the industry produced by experienced US licensed litigation attorneys. Calculate dates, integrate with calendar(s) (Office 365 and iCalendar) and share with your team.
Los Angeles Superior Court eFiling Portal (eFilingportal.com)
- Streamlined filing, validation tools to lower filing rejections, world class support to the largest court in the world.
- Case tracking and monitoring by judge, jurisdiction, party, and nature of suit.
Please let us know if you are interested in our help with any of these services by sending an email to our Chief Revenue Officer, Anthony Davies at firstname.lastname@example.org
. We are blessed to have a strong partnership with our clients and the legal community and by working together we will help each other manage this new situation. If you need anything from us or if we can support you in any way, please let us know. We wish you good health over the next few weeks and months.
President and CEO