A TALE OF TWO CHARITIES
It was the best of times (the 37th Annual IPMA Conference), it was the worst of times (another year where a virtual event would have to suffice), it was the age of wisdom (that even if you are unable to attend Conference, you can donate to this year’s charity), it was the age of foolishness (no member wants to be foolish and miss out on the chance to win a gift card by giving $10), it was the epoch of belief (that one country would prevail), it was the epoch of incredulity (that your country could lose), it was the season of Light (that there is light ahead and next year we will be together in person for Conference), it was the season of Darkness (that we have to wait a little longer to get there), it was the spring of hope (that we get to see everyone in person next year), it was the winter of despair (that we will miss the in-person social events this year), we had everything before us (the 2021 Annual Conference and a choice – to give to the Canadian charity board or to the U.S. charity board or both), we had nothing before us (but the time to donate this year) . . . .
Ok - so you get the idea and we have butchered Dickens enough. Back by popular demand, the IPMA Conference Committee has once again selected The IPMA as our charity.
Just like last year:
· You can choose to give to the U.S. or Canada (or both) “boards”;
· The funds raised will be used to support memberships for folks who may not have us in their budget for next year;
· At the 2020 Conference, the charitable donation competition was a raging success with the total U.S. donations barely beating out the Canadian total;
· Your generosity allowed us to offer 3 U.S. and 3 Canadian memberships to our colleagues;
We are asking for your help again this year. It’s a great cause - our members and our community! And we can have fun with a little U.S./Canada cross border competition to go along with it.
This year, the charity donation process is a little different:
· You can give through the below links which will go live on September 30 without selecting specific numbers from a board;
· For each $10 contribution, your name will be entered into the gift card raffle held at the Annual Conference closing raffles on Friday, October 15;
· To help defray the costs incurred by using the on line credit card service, we will ask contributors to give a tip (strictly voluntary);
· While we won’t be picking numbers off a physical or virtual board this year, there will be 3 gift cards awarded per 40 donations.
Each time we reach $400 in contributions per country, the “board” resets and more chances to win another round of gift cards begins.
Even if you can’t make it to Conference this year (but remember it’s still not too late to register), we would be so grateful and, of course, you will be entered into the gift card raffle. Details about how to enter the raffle to win a membership will be circulated once Conference is over and we determine how many memberships we can offer based upon your contributions.
So pick a team or pick both teams and give to our favorite charity – membership in THE IPMA.